School Field Trips
Ask us about creating a Field Trip program for your class!
For Homeschool groups: Please book your time under the GROUPS reservation form. You will receive the $2 off per person rate for each member of your group. Everyone ages 3 and up will need to purchase the admission. Reservations are available Tuesday, Thursday from 9am-4pm or any time we are open to the public.
SPRING FIELD TRIPS
May 23- June 30, 2017 (by reservation only)
COST: $7 per person (GST included).
Minimum 20 people required to qualify. Groups of under 20 may wish to combine with other classes.
If you book with over 150 people you are guaranteed to have the farm to yourself for that day!
FALL FIELD TRIPS
September 5 – October 20, 2017
(by reservation only)
Available Tuesday-Thursday each week from 9am-3:30pm with special school pricing. For fall bookings please be aware that the Kraay Family Farm is also open to the public on Fridays while field trips are in progress.
COST: $7 per person grades K-6, and $11 for grades 7-12 (GST included).
Minimum 10 people required to qualify.
Group pricing (not school pricing) will apply to schools that book on Fridays.
YEAR END PARTIES
Looking for a place for your year end trip?
May 23- June 30, 2017 (by reservation only)
The Kraay Family Farm opens up the farm for year end outings from May 24-Jun 30th!
Jump on the pillows, play games, slide, swing, mine, visit the animals, play in the giant sand box and more!
Bring lunch, bbq, or have a bonfire! Groups must have a minimum of 10 people to qualify. Contact us for more details!
By reservation only.
- Online curriculum materials for you to share with your students either before or after a visit to our farm
- A turn on the Jumping Pillow for each student
- A colouring book for each student to take home (while supplies last)
- A voucher for a free return visit to the Kraay Family Farm for each student (with a paid adult)
- (Fall Only) A visit with our racing pigs (time determined when you arrive)
- (Fall Only) A trip through the corn maze with an educational passport*
- (Fall Only) Challenge your students with our investigation game found in the maze*
* Please note: The 15 acre corn maze is not open until we are open to the public at the end of July.
- One free chaperone is admitted for every 10 students! Special needs classes will receive a free chaperone for every student (contact us for more information)
- All groups must have at least 20 students to qualify.
- GemStone Mining requires the purchase of a bag of rough which have a range of prices from $7-$9
- The Jumping Pillow is included in the price. Please review your school policy prior to allowing access for your students to the pillow. A minimum of 2 adults from your group will be required to supervise the students while on the pillow
- A ride around the maze on the Grain Train
- There is lots of parking for buses and vehicles. Bus drivers get a free beverage on us!
- In case of inclement weather please call (403) 302-1709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask us about creating a field trip program for your class.
- Spring or Fall on the farm
- Plants (pumpkins & corn)
Spookley the Square Pumpkin is a square pumpkin who lives in a round pumpkin patch world. The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin, available as both a book and movie, delivers a message of tolerance and kindness in a fun and approachable way.
LEARN MORE >>
The story of Jack and the Cornstalk helps teach kids the importance of a good work ethic. His a-maze-ing story is a great introduction to the Lacombe Corn Maze as well as a variety of agricultural-based subjects. We are happy to provide educators with:
- A discussion guide as well as other educator resources designed for children age pre-K to grade 3
- Colouring pages, mazes, word searches, and other activity sheets
- Follow-up activities to complete in classroom
With a goal to provide a fun and educational activity for the community, we’ll expose your student to “agriculture in the process” in a way they’ll never forget. Students learn about decision making, navigation, teambuilding and agriculture! Upon registering your field trip, you’ll have access to all of our great resources.
“Kraay Family farm is incredible in the spring! We loved how the Kindergartens got to check out the spring animals, learn about how a garden starts, plant their own pumpkin and experience the outdoors in spring! Such a great learning opportunity outside!”
Barb Verma, Ecole James S. McCormick School